Skinny Taco Dip is a family favorite around here and I love how versatile it is. With all the cooking I have been doing during the quarantine I’m constantly looking for ways to put fun and creative meals on the table. Do you love taco dip, but hate that it can be unhealthy? I’ve made some easy changes that will allow you to enjoy this taco dip with no guilt! I also serve this with chips and lettuce cups and let everyone enjoy this the way they want to. I love to serve these chips with my taco dip. This dip also goes great with a veggie board. Fresh cut carrots, celery and peppers are the perfect scoops for this yummy dip. Looking for a great meal to cook with your kids? Let them help build the layers. My son is always more willing to eat meals he’s had a role in creating.
Make this an entree
Skinny Taco Dip doesn’t take long to prepare and you can make it an entree by adding a layer of protein like ground turkey or shredded chicken. When adding protein simply saute or slow cook the protein in some salsa to make sure the flavors match. You’ll have a very healthy meal with lots of leftovers. If you like meals with tons of leftovers be sure to check out my Turkey Lasagna Recipe here!
Take this to a party
If you take this Skinny Taco Dip to a party you will be the hit of the party! Everyone always loves it and it’s perfect for tailgates, Superbowl or any regular get together. The layers provide something for even your pickiest guests. I always make sure to pack extra cheese and toppings so that I can add to the dip as it gets eaten. This way it will always look pretty on the buffet table.
Hallie Says: Skinny Taco Dip
- 2 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Avocados Mashed with lemon juice You can use prepared guac too, but read the ingredients and salt content
- 1 cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 package Low Sodium Taco Seasoning I like Trader Joe's
- 2/3 cup Black Beans, well rinsed I try to use low sodium
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/4 Sliced black olives, green onions, jalepenos to garnish
- Spread chopped romaine lettuce at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add avocado layer on top, and smooth out with a spoon to even height.
- Mix ⅓ – ½ package of the taco seasoning with the Greek yogurt.
- Spoon Greek yogurt layer, and smooth if necessary.
- Layer black beans, then diced tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle cheese, and add olives and scallions and any other garnishes you want.
- Serve with a side of salsa, corn chips and hot sauce.
- Make the romaine layer more of a salad by adding chopped veggies like peppers and cucumbers
- Make it more of an entree by adding 1# of ground turkey sauteed in 1 can of tomato sauce and the rest of the taco seasoning. (Layer over the avocado)
- Serve this with fresh veggies like peppers and endive for a healthy alternative to chips
- Buy chips that are unsalted if you are using the taco seasoning!