Want to make your own hand sanitizer? Here is my effortless recipe. Everyone is sold out of hand sanitizer everywhere and online. You’ll need this if you are following my expert tips on how to survive life after quarantine. You probably have most of these things around the house already. I stocked up on rubbing alcohol as soon as things started to go sideways. Ideally i’d love to just buy the sanitizer in the store, but if you can’t find it this is a great option. Adding some essential oil to the hand sanitizer will make you enjoy using it too. Smell is so important so experiment with a few different scents. Lavender is relaxing and citrus can be invigorating. I bought 2oz spray bottles on amazon and used this label maker to create labels.I like to keep these little bottles in my kitchen, purse and the glove boxes in all of our cars. I’ve given them to friends as gifts recently too. It’s funny how our lives have changed. Who would have thought hand sanitizer would be the gift everyone wants. I hope sanitizer comes back to purchase, but in the meantime try this recipe out!
What you’ll need to make hand sanitizer:
- 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- 5-10 drops of essential oil (optional) I like lavender or grapefruit
- Mixing bowl
- Two-ounce spray bottle or liquid soap container
- Cute labels created with your label maker or some masking tape and a sharpie!
Directions to make your own hand sanitizer:
- Pour the alcohol and aloe vera in a bowl and stir until blended.
- Add several drops of essential oil and stir to help mask the smell of alcohol.
- Use the funnel to pour the eight ounce mixture into containers.
- Make sure to label the containers so you know what’s in them!