Hallie Says: Skinny Taco Dip
Love taco dip, but hate the that it can be unhealthy? Try my recipe for a delicious, but lighter version.
- 2 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Avocados Mashed with lemon juice You can use prepared guac too, but read the ingredients and salt content
- 1 cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 package Low Sodium Taco Seasoning I like Trader Joe's
- 2/3 cup Black Beans, well rinsed I try to use low sodium
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/4 Sliced black olives, green onions, jalepenos to garnish
Spread chopped romaine lettuce at the bottom of a large bowl.
Add avocado layer on top, and smooth out with a spoon to even height.
Mix ⅓ - ½ package of the taco seasoning with the Greek yogurt.
Spoon Greek yogurt layer, and smooth if necessary.
Layer black beans, then diced tomatoes on top.
Sprinkle cheese, and add olives and scallions and any other garnishes you want.
Serve with a side of salsa, corn chips and hot sauce.
- Make the romaine layer more of a salad by adding chopped veggies like peppers and cucumbers
- Make it more of an entree by adding 1# of ground turkey sauteed in 1 can of tomato sauce and the rest of the taco seasoning. (Layer over the avocado)
- Serve this with fresh veggies like peppers and endive for a healthy alternative to chips
- Buy chips that are unsalted if you are using the taco seasoning!